Thursday, July 8, 2010

No My Insurance Doesn't Cover That...

And I am not talking about the insurance that covered the 8 parked cars I've hit...I'm referring to the insurance that has terrible vision coverage. Let me tell you something UnitedHealthCare, if I can't see then I can't work.

But really I am more annoyed that my eye doctor likes to make up "special" exams and charge me $57 extra. For instance, the optomitron, or whatever you call it. I will not be getting that this year! Or the contact lense exam, $50. Someone explain that to me? I have been wearing the same contact size and proportions since the 9th grade. Not to mention convincing me to purchase a year supply of contacts from them, $300.

Me: Why is this exam necessary
Receptionist: Because the doctor will examin the health of your eyes with contacts.
Me: Isn't the purpose of this visit to examin the health of my eyes?
Receptionist: If you don't do it then he will not give you a perscription to get new contacts.
Me: I think you people are trying to be tricky and get money where it's not deserved.
Receptionist: Do you still want the appointment?
Me: Well obviously.

I mean seriously, why is there an extra exam that my insurance does not cover, for the doctor to tell me the same information that he would have found out whilst examining my eyes for the regular health check up.

I am wondering if this is a New York thing. In my home state I had an exam every 3 years and never had any of this special contact lense exams and I was still prescribed new contacts whenever I asked.

General Visit: $50

Grand Total: $457

Adios Burberry trench coat and Chanel flats...

PS- They're not even friendly, which I intend on confronting them about at my visit tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment